Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snowed in again =)

I'm a little smug to say...I'm snowed in, again. It happened just like they said it would- got hit on Tuesday again, which of course is school day. I decided to be committed to my education, since it's my last semester and all, and Jordan boldly demanded that I let him drive me to school, so we headed up Price Hill (BIG hill...really big.) and made it there a little frazzled, but safe and in one piece most importantly. He decided to stay with me at school instead of going home and coming back- and it's a good thing he did because halfway through my first course, school was let out and everything cancelled for the rest of the day. I had already done everything I was going to do at home today as far as being productive goes, since I'd planned on being at school till 9:30 or so, so it was just a nice enjoyable evening. They cancelled school for the city tomorrow, and when that happens, the office I work at is closed automatically. So, no work tomorrow, either. It's looking like a very chill week for me!

Sunday was AWESOME! Singing the special music with Jordan was...everything I'd hoped it would be. Terrifying, challenging, but within my grasp. I hit my notes, was loud enough to be picked up by the mic- so for me it was a total victory! Lots of people said good job, a few even said it was beautiful. I hope that's true. Most importantly I hope God liked it. Forever ago, back in high school for me, I think it was my father who made the easy parental mistake of comparing me to other kids in the youth group (while I could hear him, boo) and I always remembered that he thought others were more spiritual, because they would sing special music. It's silly, and I know that statement is completely false (Others may have been more "spiritual", but not because of that reason) but I've always wanted to ever since then. I felt like his statement was false at the time, I knew enough to know that singing did not mean you were closer to God, but I also found small grains of truth that he probably didn't intend. It does take a willingness to place yourself outside of your comfort zone, to stand up there and just sing. I'm not sure why, but singing...is difficult! You're kind of vulnerable, when you sing in front of others. I guess it's because you can easily embarrass yourself. So- taking a step out of your comfort zone to give God more glory and pleasure, is normally a good thing spiritually. I'm just glad that 9 years later I had the opportunity to do it. I felt stretched, and I felt that I grew. I'm glad I did it. But I don't think I'll be one of those regulars at it. ;)  Oh, and Jordan was awesome, he always is. I grabbed his hand and held it tight while I sang. He's my rock when it comes to moral support.

Lately I've been dreaming about vacationing in the Smoky Mountains with some friends. I really hope we can make it happen. Something about winter, being cooped up, makes me so excited to go somewhere beautiful, and hike! Plus staying in a cabin is a lot of fun. Anyway, here's hoping!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome. I am so glad you found me. It was so cool to see your comment on the blog. Jerod is probably close to as tall as you now.

    ReplyDelete